The Most Liked Picture on Instagram: An Egg

Image result for egg that went viral
1/15/18
On January 4th, 2019 @world_record_egg posted a photo to Instagram of a brown speckled egg with the caption, "Let's set a world record together and get the most liked post on Instagram. Beating the current world record held by Kylie Jenner (18 million!) We got this," The egg received 20 million+ likes on January 13, 2019, beating Kylie Jenner's record on her birth announcement to her daughter Stormi. The egg automatically blew up and became one of the most popular things for meme accounts to post about. The picture currently has 44 million + likes and continues to grow. I myself like this photo because I thought it's so crazy how something so basic can beat out one of the most popular media influencers pictures of one of the biggest "scandals" of 2018. The whole concept of this egg is one of the dumbest things I've come across on the internet but I continue to be shocked time and time again by the newest trends.
Image result for kylie's post about stormi

But what made the situation even funnier is the fact that Kylie Jenner replied to this new world record with a post to her Instagram page of her breaking open an egg on the concrete trying to fry it. I remember seeing this on her Snapchat story quite a while ago so I think it's clear she isn't upset about this but more so thinks this is actually kind of funny. She posted the video with the caption, "Take that little egg." I'm sure the talk about the post will blow over but for now it's breaking the internet.


Link to Kylie's Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsmPezCnZ4I/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Comments

Popular Posts